6.16.2008

Take 3

For those of you who do not know THE SADDEST STORY EVER, prepare yourselves. Jared and I got married 9 months ago on October 26. We arrived at the Timpanogos Temple at 10 a.m., were married together in a gorgeous little ceremony, gathered and celebrated with family and friends outside the temple where we captured the moment with our photographer, and then later that evening we held a beautiful reception with excellent food. I loved my wedding day. It was perfect, and I love thinking back on my wedding day.

A few weeks after the wedding, my photographer contacted me with horrible news. The media card holding my wedding pictures was physically damaged leaving only a handful of pictures from the end of the reception. I cried, well really balled my eyes out, but then decided there is absolutely no point in being heartbroken about not having wedding pictures. At least nothing went wrong on my wedding day.

What does a girl do with no wedding pictures? Luckily Jared joined me in his tux for bridal pictures. We have awesome pictures from a few locations in Salt Lake. These are the pictures you see on my lovely blog. However, I am missing the most important picture—the classic shot in front of the temple. Jared and I are the lucky ones. We’re getting all done up in our wedding attire and joining the photographer at the temple again this Wednesday. The last couple of days I have contacted the florist, hairstylist, tuxedo rental store, dry cleaners, photographer, and oh the list goes on and on. I vote we get another honeymoon out of this too. :-)

6 comments:

VoNique said...

Yay! Ooh, be sure to get a shot with you and Jared looking at eachother or kissing under your veil. I've seen some really cute shots like that and have always wished we would have done it! (Let me know if you don't know what I'm talking about = )

Keri Cranmer said...

Candace, it sounds like you and Jared are doing so well. I ran across your blog on somebody elses. I saw it and had to drop you a line. Your wedding pics look great, or at least what you have left, I am sorry to hear about the damaged disk. We are still in St. George but could soon be back up North. Uggg. I hate the snow. Take Care.. Love Keri Anne

Adam, Jenn + Collin said...

Oh I'm so glad you're getting retakes!! I'm sure they'll be just as beautiful and yes I think you should go on another honeymoon! Honeymoons are so wonderful, maybe you can take some time out of your busy schedule when you're in Seattle to celebrate another "honeymoon". If we don't see you before you leave, Enjoy Seattle! We'll post pictures of little Collin when he comes!

Jessica and Reece said...

I definitely second the second honeymoon idea...you deserve it after the nightmare that you endured!

Ryan ♥ Breelyn said...

Oh my gosh Candace I can't belive that!!!!!!! That is horribly sad!!! I'm so sorry love! I can't imagine! However how exciting that you get to do it all over again, sort of :) Good luck with it all! Post Lots and Lots of pictures!

Christina and Ryan said...

This really is the saddest story. At least you and Jared look the same! And in a way this might be better because you have had more time to think about all the shots that you want and you are more relaxed. You'll have to post some when you get them!