7.19.2008

Tee Time

If there is one sport I knew I would never enjoy playing, it's golf. Just my luck, I marry Jared who is head-over-heels (if that's even possible for a guy) about walking around for hours on end with an immense amount of patience hitting a tiny ball into a 4-inch diameter hole hundreds of yards in the distance. Yuck!

But I have surprised myself again and think I might be coming around. Every now and again I'll commit to go to the range with my hubby. I usually try to hit a few balls, get extremely frustrated as I don't even knick any part of the ball, and then take a seat and wait it out as J finishes the bucket. Today presented a new and interesting experience: I hit the ball, and I hit it far enough to measure the distance in yards! I am a happy girl.




Here's my little Tiger:



P.S. We didn't go to the desert. Who knew it was possible to take such terrible care of a course, and we're in Seattle where it rains 340 days a year. What the heck? We roll high class.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow! Eating fish, golfing... what is next for Candace?! I love that I have this image of lush, green Seattle and the golf course, like you said, looks like it has been sucked dry of all moisture! I am glad the Lishes are having some fun adventures!

Love you!

P.S. Your golfing outfit is fabulous! I love your top with the red shoes... that was a nice touch! Can we say In-Style magazine?

Scott and Brittany said...

You look like a pro:) Don't worrie I married a golf nut too. I know just how you feel. I've heard the Seattle temple is beautiful. You guys are so cute together!!

miccolene said...

Yeah I'm with you- no desire to play golf. ever. Jazz hasn't gotten me out there just yet-- but I hope I can look as dainty as you while swinging a club!

Kate said...

I'm pretty much as crazy good at golf as you are. The sad thing is that I worked at a golf course for 3 summers in high school...You'd think I would've absorbed some kind of talent/knowledge/anything useful. I still think the driving range is fun though. You should see the clip of Jessica Simpson from "Newlyweds" when she goes golfing...that's how I feel when I go ;)

Josh and Tiff said...

Hey Jared! I just came across your blog and thought I'd say hello. It's been awhile, but I hope things are going well. You and your wife look so happy! She is so beautiful! Hope all is well and I'll talk to you later!

P.S. It's a small world, because I found your blog through my old roommates blog, Christina and Katie... looks like Candace knows them too! Crazy!